If you are in need of help with your IRS tax liability – there is no better name in professional help than Rob Arena at Arena and Associates, Inc. Check our website at aataxhelp.com for more information. Call 303-847-4038 for a free consultation.
The IRS warns taxpayers and especially seniors to be wary of phone scams that are prevalent during tax season.
Avoid becoming a victim of scam artists. The IRS will never:
Call to demand immediate payment using a specific payment method such as a prepaid debit card, gift card or wire transfer. The IRS does not use these methods for tax payments. Generally, the IRS will first mail a bill to any taxpayer who owes taxes. All tax payments should only be made payable to the U.S. Treasury and checks should never be made payable to third parties.
Threaten to immediately bring in local police or other law-enforcement groups to have the taxpayer arrested for not paying.
Demand that taxes be paid without giving the taxpayer the opportunity to question or appeal the amount owed.
Ask for credit or debit card numbers over the phone
A Team of Tax Resolution Professionals Dedicated to Resolving Your Liability Nationwide.
- Rob Arena Arena and Associates, Inc. – 1040 Tax Filing Date is Here
- Rob Arena Arena and Associates, Inc. – W2 Data Theft
- Rob Arena Arena and Associates, Inc. – IRS Enforcement Changes
- Rob Arena Arena and Associates, Inc. – IRS Warns of Identity Theft
- Arena and Associates, Inc. – Rob Arena – Tax Time Phone Scams